Ivan R. Tolentino, Executive Director of Human Resources
What We Do
Recognizing that our employees are the most valuable resource for delivering excellent educational opportunities for students, the district’s Office of Human Resources most important responsibility is to attract and retain a talented, high-performance staff of teachers, nurses, administrators, secretarial staff, custodial staff, school aides and other support personnel to deliver “Success for All”. This office provides a vast range of resources and services to the over 700 employees of the Port Chester-Rye Public Schools. Additionally, this office is responsible for the following services:
- Managing the recruitment, selection, induction, and continued success of all staff;
- Administration of employee benefits and personnel policies;
- Implementation and oversight of federal and state policies and civil service procedures governing employment;
- Staff orientation and evaluation, staff development, substitute teacher, teacher aide and student teacher programs;
- Negotiating and implementing negotiated labor contracts.
- Our school district is happy to announce the beginning of our Employee Benefits Program where our employees can receive discounts from participating local businesses. Our first four businesses that have agreed to partner with us include Fortina Restaurant, Mixology Clothing Store, Coco Nails and Spa, and The Producer Coffee Studio. All 4 will be offering discounts to our employees during specific times when you show your Port Chester School District ID. Please see the attached flyer for more details. Thank you to these four businesses for partnering with us. We hope to announce more partnerships throughout Port Chester in the coming months.
Employee Benefits Program Flyer
- September 28, 2022 Message from Ivan Tolentino
Afterschool Employment Opportunities through Carver Center
Click here to be redirected to Carver Center's website!
OLAS for Educators
Please check the On-line Application System for Educators (OLAS) for employment opportunities with the Port Chester School District. If you need assistance in the application process, please notify the Office of the Superintendent of Schools (914) 934-7902.
Substitute Teachers & Substitute Teaching Assistants
Substitutes are needed on a per diem basis throughout the school year. We are looking for substitute teachers/substitute teaching assistants at all grade levels. New York State Fingerprint Clearance is required. Please contact the Superintendent’s Office at 914-934-7901 for an application.